Solved

Booked Eurail Global pass for girls trip for my group and Birthday are all off by 1 day. Please help!

• 1 November 2022
  • 6 replies

How do I get the incorrect birthday’s updated to reflect the correct dates.  Why does the system adjust it and change it even though I selected the correct day?

Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 2 November 2022, 13:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

WE see this reported hare near daily-has to do with the time -diff, the system sets it to the current timing herein EUR-so in US you did that late eve, when it is next day here. Stupid thing that still is not resolved. OZzies face it the other way. THis will ALSO impact the actual exact days of start etc if you do that there too long advance.

I understand once one has loaded it all it cannot be changed by holder-have to contact service via special form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is a question for Customer Support. Please use the form below to contact them.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

You need to mention the start date of your travel when contacting Customer Support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Nanja 

When will the support team fix this issue? The problem with dates getting wrong by one day due to different time zone, both for date of birth on passes and for dates on reservations, keep happening, mostly for travellers from Australia and New Zealand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@maian516 

To be sure that you get the date correct for any reservations you need to closely double check all dates.

If you don't get the correct date you need to change the time zone of the device where you make the reservation to CET. Also use the 24 hour clock and not am/pm. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

@maian516 Hello! I am sorry to read this! Could you please change your time settings to CET? If the issue persists, please send me a DM.