Solved

Booking info not showing up in Rail Planner app

Hello, this is my first post in this community, so please tell me if I have to do something, or add something.

I purchased a train ticket at interrail from Paris Montparnasse(France) to Tours(France), and received payment confirmation and my e-ticket via email. I have a Eurail pass, so I tried to add this ticket to my pass in the Rail Planner app, but it seems that the app doesn’t have the information about it. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 10 July 2022, 11:36

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, if the train is missing in the app you can add it manually in the app, search for a trip and in the bottom you will find the option missing train? add manually. 

IMPORTANT: If you have an Iphone don’t do this, there is a problem in the app for iOS users. 

In fact, I have an Iphone. What should I do then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

When are you traveling? Date and wich train. So I can check on my phone if I can found the train. 

Normally in France all trains are in the app. 

Thanks. July 8th, from Paris Montparnasse(France) to Tours(France), departing at 16:31 and arriving at 17:43.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You mean August the 8th? Because July the 8th was this week on friday

Oh, yes. My bad. It’s August the 8th. I think I managed to add the ticket to one of my 15 days in the Eurail pass(I bought the 15 days in 2 months pass) manually. The train I reserved before was automatically added to my pass, though; I had to manually add it this time. Is this okay?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I can see this train a TGV from Paris to Montparnasse in the app with the same timetable. You have to search the train in the app and add it to your trip.

Do you have a mobile or paper Eurail Pass?

@AnnaB maybe you know more how the mobile pass works. I travelled only with a paper pass. 

Thank you. I do have a mobile Eurail pass(15 days in 2 months).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@AnnaB maybe you know more how the mobile pass works. I travelled only with a paper pass. 

@Angelo I haven't used the mobile pass and I will be using the paper pass this summer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh, yes. My bad. It’s August the 8th. I think I managed to add the ticket to one of my 15 days in the Eurail pass(I bought the 15 days in 2 months pass) manually. The train I reserved before was automatically added to my pass, though; I had to manually add it this time. Is this okay?

Normally the train should be available in the app at least just before you board the train. 

Don't add the train manually now if you have an IPhone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Some advice from the experienced travellers in the community. Don't activate your pass until just before boarding the first train of your travel and never connect a journey to your pass before you are 100% sure that you will board the train. Read more below. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@woojoshua do you have other questions, or do you get how it works with the app?

This seems extremely helpful. Thank you for all your help. I will ask if I have further questions, but I think I get it now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You’re welcome.