Solved

Can I delete the first journey on a travel day for change it to other journey in the same day?

• 7 November 2022
  • 5 replies

If I have created a new travel day and QR Code in the mobile pass with the first journey for that day, but I could not take the train, if I delete that journey, and add another for the same day, ¿Is QR code still valid for that travel day?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 7 November 2022, 15:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Short answer: yes.

You can add, adapt, change, and delete as many journeys as you want on an activated travel day. Only cancelling the travel day is more difficult.

But would the qr code travel day be still valid when I delete the first journey?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you have multiple journeys/trains, that’s no problem at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers is to never activate a travel day in advance.  Please read more about this below. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

But would the qr code travel day be still valid when I delete the first journey?

I understand that the QR code is simply a one-off day code to show the inspector you have a valid pass on that day. The train details are then displayed as a list below the QR code so the inspector can quickly check the current train is on the list. As you add or delete trains during the day the QR code stays the same, but the list changes to match your travels.