Solved

Change itinerary during trip; Enter new trips or change trips along the way

Can you enter new trips or change trips along the way? For instance, when you want to stay shorter or longer in a city?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 11 July 2022, 11:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can add trains on the app last minute, I suggest to not add the trains to the trip till you are 100% sure that you are using it.

You can add trains on the app last minute, I suggest to not add the trains to the trip till you are 100% sure that you are using it.

Just to check that I understand correctly: does that mean that I can add the pass to an incomplete trip, activate the pass, and then still add trains to the trip right before I board them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes, you can add it to the trip and after that add it to the pass. 

But I have to admit, that I never used a mobile pass. 

Maybe @rvdborgt knows more how the mobile pass works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Your trip is by no means fixed once you start travelling. You can always add new trains, delete trains etc. You can even delete/add trains in the past or delete the train you're currently travelling on, e.g. to change the station where you're getting off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@timothy1995 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Your trip is by no means fixed once you start travelling. You can always add new trains, delete trains etc. You can even delete/add trains in the past or delete the train you're currently travelling on, e.g. to change the station where you're getting off.

Thanks for the clear explanation!

@AnnaB thank you too for the extra tips, fantastic! I have already activated my pass, but as I leave on the 3rd of August I still have time to deactivate it to check if it works. I also made one of the reservations via the Rail Planner app, but I can survive those 2 Euros. I'll keep it in mind for any other reservations, though!

How can I change my current trip 

i realise that a connection doen’t work and I want to stop my trip and continue the day after 

I don’t see how I can change my trip 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How can I change my current trip 

i realise that a connection doen’t work and I want to stop my trip and continue the day after 

I don’t see how I can change my trip 

• You can remove journeys from your pass by toggling the yellow switch in My Trip.
  • You can remove the last train in a journey from your pass by going to the journey details in My Trip and then toggling the yellow switch for that train.
  • You can remove a journey from your trip by holding your finger on it and then a menu will come up.
  • You can remove the last train from a journey by going to the journey details and then holding your finger on that train, and then a menu will come up.