Solved

Disappearing departure and destination stations in the app

I just installed and activated railplanner, but my ‘from’ station disappears as soon as I enter my ‘to’ station. So it is not possible to enter both the departure and arrival stations at the same time, rendering the app useless for planning and traveling. Android 10 on Motorola Moto 8 Plus. The app was downloaded from the Android Playstore an hour ago, so I assume it is the latest version. Any ideas anybody? The trip I was trying to plan is from Antwerp to Lille.

Hope to travel, so there is some urgency. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 July 2022, 09:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Rail Planner is not the best place to do your travel planning.

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Thank you AnnaB, good tips ! And in response, I wonder why the mobile Pass (app) was even released without ‘live’ updates.

Anywho, it does not fix the technical issue. I don’t think I can do anything at all with the app.

By now I have installed it on an old LG G3 with Android 6 and the app seems to work just fine on this phone. Now I have to get a reactivation code or something like that. Hope customer service is responding. Apparently they get a lot of request for help. Thanks again.

Interrail, please fix the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ach ja-en jij weet wel genoeg mensen in IT die dat kunnen/willen doen? Overal is nood aan deskundig personeel. Zelfde euvel in allerlei vormen continu bij NS. In feite hebben ze sinds vorige week al een aantal features toegevoegd die daarvoor continu tot vragen leidden.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you need to move your pass to another phone, let customer support know your pass number and the start date of your trip, so they can prioritise correctly.

Do let customer support know that the planner doesn't work correctly on your newer phone. Enable error logging and give them your device ID. And then try to use the planner once more to generate some logging.

Thank you!