Solved

EURAIL for USA citizens

• 27 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello,

Please be kind help me with info,  I am a travel agent at a travel agency,

Can I buy by with credit card of the agency a Eurrail pass for 2 passengers from the USA with a USA passport? do not ask them to the document controller and the card with which the Pass was bought? Some airlines have such boarding control.  

Help me with the necessary steps for booking such a pass and logging into the system on the application.

I have never made such reservations

Gabriel  

icon

Best answer by MartinM 27 July 2022, 13:48

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Gabriel,

no problem. I’ve used 20+ interrail passes and they don’t ask about CC at all.
Because you can also pay it by cash etc.
If ticket is paid it is paid and valid. 

Only important thing is that the passport number matches.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The pass as such is only the right to use trains (on certain days if applies), it does not need any REServation, only purchase.

REServations are needed for SOME trains (but alas, most USA visitors will choose exactly those trains), are extra and are often very hard to make and it also differs per country in how to.

In the past EUrail had 1000s of very small scale resellers in USA-mostly college students doing some side-pocket-money and knowledgeable as having done it themselves-but since these mobile passes are there this is a thing of he past. Also there is NO MORE commission on any railtickets.

do not expect any US-style agents always on the fone etc-it simply does not work like that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'll add some information I think can be useful for you. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Some more info if your client wants to use the Eurostar.

There is a limited number of pass holder seats on the Eurostar and on popular departures and during high season those sell out weeks, and sometimes months in advance.

The best place to see the availability of passholder seats on the Eurostar is 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Press "later trains" and eventually you will find the next available connection. 

If you have a mobile pass you need to generate a Pass Cover Number in order to make the reservation at b-europe. You do that here in the PCN generator:

https://community.eurail.com/news-and-announcements-39/pass-cover-number-generator-is-live-5653

Hello Thank you for info, 

New questions: 

1. If I buy the pass with our company card and not the passenger's own, there is no problem when the passenger buys his seats on the train? doesn't the system remain set to debit the same company credit card?  or the system need my company e-mail adresse? or phone?  

2.Which Eurail  pass is better:    the paper pass or the phone pass application ?

1. List of countries where Eurail can be used? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello Thank you for info, 

New questions: 

1. If I buy the pass with our company card and not the passenger's own, there is no problem when the passenger buys his seats on the train? doesn't the system remain set to debit the same company credit card?  or the system need my company e-mail adresse? or phone?  
  2. No seats are bought at the train. Resevations, if needed, are made in advance. Depending on the route and what time of the year the travel takes place, seats can be bought the same day as the travel or sold out months in advance (mostly the Eurostar) No information regarding the Credit Card is stored anywhere. Reservations are best made at another place than the Eurail website. See info in my first reply.

2.Which Eurail  pass is better:    the paper pass or the phone pass application ?

This depends on the traveller. 

1. List of countries where Eurail can be used? 

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/railway-companies

Hello , Please be kind tell me , a mobile number who can help me with the issuance of two passes will call me to talk by phone or give SMS text and I call you

Gabriel +40729 990720 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello , Please be kind tell me , a mobile number who can help me with the issuance of two passes will call me to talk by phone or give SMS text and I call you

Gabriel +40729 990720 

How much are you willing to pay for this personal tech support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Gabriel +40729 990720 

This kind of support is not offered by Eurail.

Please remove the phone number as you not are allowed to write personal information in the community. 

You can ask your questions in the community or you can write to Customer Support.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

However, getting an answer from CS will take long time as they prioritise requests from people who are currently travelling or who will be travelling in the near future.