Solved

Is it possible to buy the global pass ticket months in advance?

• 6 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, I want to travel at the end of this summer and this will be my first trip. I don’t want to wait until that time and i want to get my ticket months before. So, can i do that? 

(The officer in the train station said that they only give tickets for two weeks later, not earlier..) 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 June 2023, 15:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There's no need to buy an Interrail a long time in advance if you can buy one at your local station.

You can also make reservations before having a pass.

Is there a particular reason you want to buy your pass so early?

Well, yeah, because of the instability of my country’s economy… Since my country's official currency is not the Euro and our currency has depreciated, I am afraid that I will have to pay a higher amount after a few months as a student.. 😭

I really have no experience and it looks like i will be traveling alone. Because i am also afraid of giving up, i wanted to buy the get my global pass ticket beforehand. That’s why i wanted to ask 😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Well, yeah, because of the instability of my country’s economy… Since my country's official currency is not the Euro and our currency has depreciated, I am afraid that I will have to pay a higher amount after a few months as a student.. 😭

OK, that could be a reason indeed. Normally, Interrail passes can be sold 11 months in advance. You could go back and ask again. Maybe someone else is then sitting at the ticket window. You could also check what TCDD say about their advance sales on their Interrail pages. As far as I can see, it also says on that page you can buy the pass 11 months in advance.

Oh thank you, i have looked before but couldn’t see it. Again, thank you for the info. 🙏🏼