Solved

Italy pass

• 28 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I got an Italy pass to go to Rome from Amsterdam. When planning my trip in the app, it says some of the countries we would be traveling through/via, are not included in the pass. It does not say which countries and how to fix this. Does anybody know what to do?

Kind regards,

Martijn

icon

Best answer by MartinM 28 June 2021, 12:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Martijn,

do you have only an One Country Pass for Italy? 
If yes, then the trip from your home country to Italy is not included in your pass I suppose and that’s why you get this message.

Makes sense, so this means I should switch to a Global pass? Is it even possible to switch after you’ve bought a pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Well, either that or buy a one-way ticket to Brenner/Brennero at the Austrian/Italian border via bahn.de (from Amsterdam)
I checked now and found some tickets for 49,9 euro for mid July… so depending on your dates, that might be a solution.

About switching I don’t know… sorry, but maybe someone from the Interrail team can answer you on that.

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, thanks for your great answers here @MartinM

@Martijn Spierenburg,  if your travel plans have changed before you started travelling, you can exchange your Pass for a different Pass. In some cases you will have to pay an exchange fee of €15 per Pass. For instructions on how to exchange your Pass, have a look here. Cheers :relaxed: