Solved

No response from online help no emals or help at train station.

I made a mistake the 1st time I used the app to reserve a train ticket. I bought the 2 months with 10 days of travel.  The ticket used 2 days of travel so i deleted that ticket and was only able to delete one of the travel days as the ticket day was the current day.  In the 1st 10 minutes of playing with the application i had permanently lost a day of travel. I have sent multiple emails to the help in the application all I get is the automated response and then later an email asking for my opinion on how well they dealt with the problem. I have yet to be at contacted by a single person I went to the train station ask for help there and was told they couldn't help me because it was a problem with the app if I had a paper ticket they could fix the problem. This is been ongoing now for a month I only have two more weeks of travel. I can only assume that they figure if they ignore me long enough the ticket will expire and they won't have to do anything. The complete lack of support and help at the train station or online is thoroughly disappointing. At the train station I was given a telephone number to call I called the number but it was disconnected. Going forward if this does not get resolved and I lose my money I am going to notify everybody I can reach on the internet to do not use the online ticket system and only accept paper tickets. It may be more inconvenient but it's the only safe way to ensure that the system doesn't steal your money.

icon

Best answer by Michael Martin 24 May 2022, 00:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no phone number to call.

@Magdalena it looks like multiple requests should exist but the issue has not been solved. Could you flag this to support?

There is a bug, in the iPhone app IIRC, that sometimes takes 2 travel days instead of just one. You can't recover from it but customer support can add extra travel days.

Just to be sure: do you have app version 23.2.0? If not, then please update. You can check the version under More, then scroll to the bottom.

Also go to More > Settings, scroll to the bottom and enable error logging. That won’t solve the problem but can help customer support.

I am using an Android phone not Iphone.  The problem with this poorly written app is there is no warning that you are going to make a selection that is not reversible. That you can make mistakes unknowingly and not receive any help correcting it. So the best way to insure one does not loose their money to this badly written app is to only use paper tickets as your reply show there is no help coming.  I am just out the money and it changes my trip planning. The only way to use the app is to buy the unlimited days of travel that way if you make a mistake it doesn't matter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am using an Android phone not Iphone.  The problem with this poorly written app is there is no warning that you are going to make a selection that is not reversible.

My app always warns me before activating a travel day, with an explanation about whether you can undo it or not. When does it not warn you?

Please check the app version. Do you have 23.2.0?

I write apps if I make it possible for the user to destroy permanently equipment or money I give a very large warning explaining what that means. If the dollar value is high I give a second warning making sure they acknowledge they understand what they are doing.

Even after all that we still have to provide support just in case they do it anyway.

Final update they restored my lost day today. Received an email this morning. I went to my app and they added a day.  I am pleased they fixed it. Spent this afternoon planing the next 10 days of travel.  I still feel multiple emails a trip to the train station and having to wait 30 days to get this resolved is a bit extreme.

Badge

I still feel multiple emails a trip to the train station and having to wait 30 days to get this resolved is a bit extreme.

I agree that the IR Support is way, waaayy too slow and it doesn’t help anybody when they state all the time how overworked they are.

However, why would you blame the train station. They have nothing to do with the interrail pass or the app, why would you even assume they could help you..

I went to the online help and it gave the names and locations of train stations that provide support. Milan Italy being one of them