Solved

Pass and reservation delivery

Hi all,

I want to buy a pass for Norway. I have two questions:

• How long does it take for the pass to be delivered?
  • How long before I can reserve the places after I purchase the pass?
  • If I make a reservation, I have understood that they will send me paper tickets: how long does it take for them to be delivered?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 7 June 2022, 10:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi all,

I want to buy a pass for Norway. I have two questions:

• How long does it take for the pass to be delivered?

A mobile pass is delivered as soon as you get the confirmation email. A paper pass will take 4-6 weeks if you are lucky. I ordered my paper pass on the 9th of May and it has not yet been sent from the Netherlands. 

• How long before I can reserve the places after I purchase the pass?

You don't need a pass to make the reservations, at least on most places. There are several ways to make reservations. Here is a guide made by some experienced travellers.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

• If I make a reservation, I have understood that they will send me paper tickets: how long does it take for them to be delivered?

My recommendation is to avoid making reservations where you need to get the paper tickets sent. There is almost always another way to make the reservation where you can get the reservation by email.

Thanks in advance!

If you have questions regarding specific trains, please make a post where you give your travel details (departure date, timeand route) here and you will get advice from experienced travellers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For IN NO best way to REServe (whcih is not always needed for each train) is to call EnTur (general new NO centre for all transportation) and they handle it and send confirm. by mail=easy. OR-if its for a few days later when you are there-simply pop into one of the remaining big stations where there is a counter.

TrenItalia should (but its IT-things are not always there in state-burocrazy what they should be) even be able to sell you the paper pass right away in their large stazione where they don INTernational. If they can still do that in NO (where 99% of normal tix are on the fone) I really dk.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trenitalia still sell paper Interrail passes:

https://www.trenitalia.com/it/offerte_e_servizi/faq-interrail.html