Solved

"Pass expiring soon" email Black Friday promo

• 1 December 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi,

Received this today and apparently I'm not the only one. This is a big communication error, is there are a plan to send a correction email ? @Camilo. @Mukhammad 

My passes are not expiring any time soon.

- bought in January 2023, used in July-August

- bought in November 2023, not yet activated

I'm sure this will confuse a lot of people who might opt for a refund right away.

icon

Best answer by Sarah W 1 December 2023, 22:48

View original

11 replies

Sure you’re not the only one. I just received the same message, in English. For a moment I was afraid I did something wrong while booking (the sale), but my pass gave me the right last starting date 6 months from now, not weeks. I asked Interrail what happened. I suppose they will send a correction email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've also received such an email and in the Facebook group, people also mentioned it.

I have no pass that is expiring soon, I only have passes that I fully used and a few that I bought in the black Friday sales.

I think there should be a follow-up mail soon to say the previous mail was sent in error.

Hi,

I received a similar email. Could you guys please update us if you receive any reply from the help center?
Thanks

Badge

Same here. I can’t activate the pass because I do not know exactly when I can travel. When I check the e-mail the passes came in and when I browse my account here at eurail.com I find no information that suggests that I need to do anything the next 6 weeks. Nevertheless, the e-mail said in the footer:

This is a communication related to a purchased product. Please refer to the privacy statement for more information.

and directly below that:

You have received this email as we think it might be of use to you after browsing our website or placing an order with us. If you would prefer not to receive similar communications in the future, please unsubscribe.

Which is sort of contradictory. If it is about a purchased product, the e-mail is not from a mailing list you can unsubscribe from, is it?

Hi,

I received this Mail today. I never activated my pass I bought on Nov. 27th. So they should give me what they sold. They sold a pass that is valid for two month from the first day the pass is activated. Wo can help me?

Hi,

Received this today and apparently I'm not the only one. This is a big communication error, is there are a plan to send a correction email ? @Camilo. @Mukhammad 

My passes are not expiring any time soon.

- bought in January 2023, used in July-August

- bought in November 2023, not yet activated

I'm sure this will confuse a lot of people who might opt for a refund right away.

So do I

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I received this Mail today. I never activated my pass I bought on Nov. 27th. So they should give me what they sold. They sold a pass that is valid for two month from the first day the pass is activated.

No they didn't. The pass can be activated up to and including 1 June 2024.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In the Swedish FB group for train travellers there are many reports of this email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

https://community.eurail.com/news-and-announcements-39/important-promotion-pass-validity-update-14928

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This was indeed a communication error and we are working on correcting it. We apologise for the confusion caused. Please disregard that information, and rest assured your Pass will only expire if not activated by June 1, 2024. For more information, please check the Pass conditions at Eurail and Interrail

The answer I got from Eurail called it a "typographical error”:

“I regret to inform you that the reference to a 6-week expiry date is a typographical error. The intended information is a 6-month validity period, as outlined in the terms of the Black Friday promotion. The final date for activation, as per the promotion conditions, is June 1, 2024. 

I sincerely apologize for any confusion caused. Your Black Friday Passes will only expire if they have not been activated on, or before 01 June 2024.“ (bold by me)