Solved

Removed child pass due to error with birth date, but will need it to make reservations

I bought 5 adults passes one free child pass but would not let me proceed with 3 year old pass as you have to enter the date of birth - it comes up with an error message saying child passes are only available to those 4-11 on the date that the pass starts so I had to remove the 3 year old pass to let me proceed to buy the other 5 - this is very frustrating - we will need to make reservations on some trains that are long/overnight journeys and cant for the 3 year old. Customer Services have not replied even though I marked it urgent as we plan to travel before the end of June 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 15 June 2022, 10:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The rules of the railways indeed say that such a toddler cannot get her/his own seat and have to take on lap in case all seats are taken. There have been 2 or 3 recent same-issue topics here-search for these for more info. It may differ a little per raiwlay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@mcadv 

Interrail clearly states that you should order a childs pass for a child under 4 if the child needs an own seat. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Sandine 

I personally would have ordered a child's pass with the wrong birth year of the child and then asked Customer Support to change the birth year. 

You don't need the passes to make reservations. 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please create a new topic with your travel details (departure date, time and route) and you will get advice.