Solved

Setting off/ returning from/to home using the pass

I live in uk and am starting my trip on Monday but Eurostar was full so am flying to France. Can I use my Eurail pass on trains from home to Heathrow? Do I have to ‘stamp’ my pass on the first journey (its digital so not sure how to do this) and then do I have to do it each time I use the pass? When I fly back to the UK can I use my pass to catch Gatwick Express home?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 26 May 2022, 08:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can use your pass to/from Heathrow if there are trains that are included in the Interrail offer. That you need to check.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes-just read conditions-its all there. Note that to LHR; EXPR=the fancy expensive has decided (against the general ruling in GB) to NOT accept those cheapskates with passes-its HR-connect you have t use-or on own expense the tube.

thanks - how do I stamp my interrrail pass when I begin my first journey?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

thanks - how do I stamp my interrrail pass when I begin my first journey?

There is no need to stamp your pass as far as I know.

Having a paper pass you can choose if you want to write down your journeys in the My Trip section of the paper pass or if you want to use My Trip in the app. Once you have decided where to record the journeys the method can't be changed.

Here you can read more about the paper pass:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/what-is-interrail/how-use-your-interrail-pass

thanks, appreciate all the help