Solved

Transferring my kid's passes

• 10 June 2022
  • 4 replies

My wife and I bought separate passes, our kids are linked to my wife’s pass but I will travel more days with them (it’s complicated 🤷🏻‍♂️).

Is it possible to easily transfer our children’s passes to me before we use them, as I will travel separately with them to another country for a while?

I’m worried that my kids won’t be able to travel with me as they will be linked to my wife’s pass!

Or is it possible to get an exchange for a family pass even though the parents will travel to different places for a while?

Help! I’m confused ☹️

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 10 June 2022, 07:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

THis can only be arranged via service and they are overbusy and have just the time to handle the most urgent requests. Passes are basically tied to the telephone by activation.It is not clear to me what you may mean with exchange of pass for family.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no way that you can transfer a pass between devices. Only Customer Support can disconnect a pass from a device. 

You need to contact Customer Support through this form:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will have to be patient to get help. Please let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise the request correctly.

THis can only be arranged via service and they are overbusy and have just the time to handle the most urgent requests. Passes are basically tied to the telephone by activation.It is not clear to me what you may mean with exchange of pass for family.

Thanks for the response mcadv, what I meant by “exchange of pass for family” is… is it possible to merge two passes into a family pass. 

Since I posted I have now seen the two child per adult pass limit so it’s irrelevant anyway.
Thanks once again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks for the response mcadv, what I meant by “exchange of pass for family” is… is it possible to merge two passes into a family pass. 

Since I posted I have now seen the two child per adult pass limit so it’s irrelevant anyway.
Thanks once again.

You get up to 2 free kids passes per one adult pass :) but that is just for the purchase.

When activating the passes in the Railplanner app you can even have more than 2 childpasses  on your phone. Each pass have to be activated seperatly.