Solved

Website is not allowing me to buy a pass

Userlevel 1
Badge

Urgent help please - the website won’t allow me to buy a pass and the sale ends today. I want a three month global pass (from Australia). 

icon

Best answer by Schelte 5 January 2023, 11:45

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Is it blocking when you try to continue to the passenger details? I've had some issues with cookies, trying agai  in a private navigation window worked for me (clearing the cookies should also work). Let us know if that works for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OZzies can also use KLOOK-they even seem to favorise that-seems to do with extra points or whatever. BUT this may cause other unforseen probs with using pass-esp when other problems arise

ANother explan might again be the time diff: it may already be a day later in OZzieland vs EUR.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you. that is exactly what is happening. I tried on my laptop and it won’t even go to the cart. On my phone it gets as far as passenger details.  But I have no idea how to clear cookies etc -  am very grateful for your help!

Userlevel 1
Badge

No it is still the 5th here! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thank you. that is exactly what is happening. I tried on my laptop and it won’t even go to the cart. On my phone it gets as far as passenger details.  But I have no idea how to clear cookies etc -  am very grateful for your help!

Open a private navigation window:

• In Firefox: crtl+shift+p
  • In Chrome: ctrl+shift+n
  • Or use the menus of the browser.

Then head in that window to Eurail.com and purchase the passes you want, without going back and forth (or switching options too often). Hopefully that works. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is so no guarantee.

Otherwise, as Mcadv suggests, it might be possible to use a reseller (unless those are more expensive)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can also try in an incognito browser window (Ctrl-Shift-N in Chrome).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To avoid getting any trouble with time zones you can set the time zone of your device to CET.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It looks as though my last reply does not show: but I wanted to say thank you for all your help… and yes, the private window fixed it. No idea it worked.  but hurray! it did work

happy new year! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Some advice when you start planning your trip.

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process you choose the start day of the validity of the pass. Once the validity has started it can't be changed even if you haven't travelled. The advice is therefore to wait with activating the pass and starting the validity until the first day of your travel as you only can deactivate the pass no later than 23.59 CET on the day before the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you can't deactivate the pass and change the validity. 

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for all your advice.  Much appreciated - it is good to have this community to help with questions...