Solved

Portugal trip

• 21 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi.

I am going to Portugal on Sept. for 5/6 days. It’ll be my first time going there. I definitely want to go to Lisbon and Porto and other popular areas for sightseeing. Are 6 days enough? What other places do I need to visit?

How’s the weather by then? And can I go to all the famous places by train?

Hope you guys can help me plan my itinerary.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 21 August 2022, 21:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Mabuhay.

Trains in PorTugal are run by CP. Site is-you guess: cp.pt. They also have their own trainpasses-also for local areas-it is all on their sites. These may make a better deal.

Trains go to all main towns and most minor ones, but places that are far off from towns will not have trains (f.e. the most western cape of Europe continent into the Atlantic Ocean, in the far south). Between the major cities is a very good service, to minor towns a little less. IC-trains require a mandatory REServation-that is 5€ per ride on a pass-do at stations. Lisboa-Porto also has a few ALFA Pendular faster trains-these cost more, but are easy to avoid.

However, DO note that if you also want to go by train to there this is harder- there are just 2 train crossings from ESpana-and both have a very meagre service, you also need to change often. Check the site seat61.com for the best current info and tips.

Sept. is end of major summer-holiday season and the weather will in general be quite nice and agreeable warm-not tropical hot. As it lies along the ocean, you can expect rains and winds pretty often too. For EUR standards PT is fairly cheap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

IC-trains require a mandatory REServation-that is 5€ per ride on a pass-do at stations. Lisboa-Porto also has a few ALFA Pendular faster trains-these cost more

Reservations for Alfa Pendular are also 5€.

Hi.

Thanks for the information. I’ll try to check their websites. 

Also, can you give suggestions of areas in portugal that I shouldn;t miss out on aside from Porto, Lisbon. Faro)

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

While in Lisbon you should visit Sintra. Easy to get to and inexpensive to buy tickets.