Solved

Book reservations for 8 passengers on Eurail Global Pass (Trains in France) - only allowing for 5 passengers

Hello, 

We have 8 passengers (2 families: 4 adults, 4 kids) booked on single Eurail Global Pass itinerary/order. We have 8 paper passes in our hand, here in USA. We are trying to make reservations on trains in France (Lyon - Paris, Paris - Brussles) and it only allows us to book for 5 passengers maximum. 

Is there a way we can book all 8 passengers at the same time? 

We tried to split the global pass individuals into two groups of 4, but are not able to do it on Eurail website. What is the easiest way to accomplish that? 

Our trip is in 3 weeks, and want to get reservations done in peak summer time. 

Thank you for your help. 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 30 May 2022, 17:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should be able to book by phone at SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you make reservations at the national railways you don't have to pay the 2 EUR fee that Eurail charges per ticket and you will be able to make reservations for groups of 4.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

Is there a similar way to make reservation for train in spain?

We want to go from Madrid to Barcelona, is there a way I can reserve on phone for Eurail Global Pass? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is there a similar way to make reservation for train in spain?

We want to go from Madrid to Barcelona, is there a way I can reserve on phone for Eurail Global Pass? 

As far as I know reservations for the domestic Spanish trains have to be made in Spain. There might be some other way also. 

@rvdborgt @seewulf 

What is the best way to reserve Spanish trains?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've listed known ways to book Spanish domestic trains here.