Solved

Booking to sweden for 5 persons and then we will split

• 28 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

we are going to interrail for the first time with 5 persons, but we have 5-day travel passes but I would also like to visit Denmark on the way back and the other 4 will go home. How could we best book? The best part is that we could travel together as much as possible.

Our plan is:
day 1 -2 - from the Netherlands to (west)Sweden, Hamburg night train - 5 persons
Day 3 -  From west Sweden to Stockholm. - 5 persons
Day 4 (5) -  i will travel from Stockholm to Copenhagen. The other will travel from Stockholm back to the Netherlands 
Day 5 - i will travel from Copenhagen to the Netherlands

Thanks for the tips!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 June 2023, 22:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You book in each train the number of seats depending on how how many people travel together.

For Sweden: sj.se

For Denmark to Germany (mandatory reservations): cd.cz (€3.10 per train)

For Germany: bahn.com (4.90 per journey) or tickets.oebb.ar (€3 per train)

If you need specific advice about reservations, please mention route, date and departure time.

To plan international journeys, bahn.com is a good tool.

If you want to use a night train, then book it ASAP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Passes and seat reservations are totally separate so it doesn't matter if you travel together or not.

Simply book for 4 if you're 4 and 5 otherwise. Seat reservations are best bought elsewhere than interrail.eu (extra fees). Have a look at those helpful links :

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

Mandatory seat reservations between Germany and Denmark are best bought through cd.cz : 73 CZK or 3.10€.

There are also night trains between Berlin, Hamburg and Copenhagen + Sweden : sj.se and snalltaget.se. Please note that they're very popular so book ASAP.

Do not hesitate for questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What are your travel dates?

The night trains between Germany and Sweden, SJ and Snälltåget, are mostly sold out during the summer. Between 21/7 and 31/7 no night trains are running due to construction works in Denmark.