Solved

cant make reservations TGV train from Paris to Milan

• 28 May 2023
  • 6 replies

When I attempt to make reservations on TGV train from Paris to Milan I get all the way to the purchase then the app says 

“One of the legs of your journey could not be booked

Feedback

One of the legs of your journey is not available anymore. Please try searching for another connection”

I have tried different trains at different times and still get the same error message. It’s becoming very frustrating as it’s still just under 90 days before the trip and not all the seats could possibly be sold out. Can anyone help? I’m in Australia so not easy to contact service providers in France.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 28 May 2023, 12:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let me know your travel date and I can have a look. We can't help otherwise.

Btw the Frecciarossa train is not included but this is indicated on Rail Planner

Alternative : go via Bellegarde and Geneva (not direct but about the same time and cheaper)

Hi the train is TGV 9251 departs 12:44 from Paris to Milan on the 25th August 2023. We have a Eurail Global Pass (4 days).

Hope this helps 😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well it is still 89 days in advance and the 90-day deadline is not strictly enforced.

Wait a few days or weeks and it won't be a problem

Edit : weirdly enough I'm able to book it on interrail.eu (cannot know for eurail.com)...

Thanks, I’ll keep trying

I ended up booking my Italian train reservations with ItaliaRail online, and the TGV from Paris with SNCF by telephone. Both allowed me to use my Eurail Global pass and just pay the reservation fee. I tried many times, on many different devices, to book reservations on the Eurail website but kept getting error message at the last step and could not complete the purchase.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For trains within Italy it's best to use tickets.oebb.at (no booking fee) : add Eurail as a discount and select one-way tickets. This is explained many times throughout the forum. If you've already made all of them, it'll be for next time :)

Good idea to call SNCF

It's best to avoid eurail.com in general : extra fees + optional seat reservations way more expensive (and because sometimes it doesn't work as you could experience it). Some general advice for your other journeys :

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105