Does Villach HBF have an Interrail Eurail office?

I’m concerned I’ll miss my connection in Villach HBF as it’s only 16 minutes to change and so far I’ve had lots of delays whilst travelling this month. I’d like to know if there is an Interrail/Eurail office in Villach HBF as I have seat reservations and hope they can help if I don’t make the connection. If not, what would you advise?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are no Interrail/Eurail offices at all. If you miss your connection it is the train company's responsibility to help you with next part of the journey. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’m concerned I’ll miss my connection in Villach HBF as it’s only 16 minutes to change and so far I’ve had lots of delays whilst travelling this month. I’d like to know if there is an Interrail/Eurail office in Villach HBF as I have seat reservations and hope they can help if I don’t make the connection. If not, what would you advise?

Not a Eurail/Interrail ticket office but a Ticketoffice of Austrian Rail ÖBB
As most trains in villach are operted by them i assume even your delayed train will be a ÖBB train. Then they are responsible to arrange your onward journey (no extra costs) and if needed  even provide you with a Place to stay overnight (often it´s a Hotel Voucher) 

@Aram - Worldonrails  provide an example of such Hotel Voucher

As you can see you get a list of Hotels (often they already recommend you one Hotel)

That’s good to know - thanks very much

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

According to eurail.com there are Eurail Aid Offices, but I don't get for what they are, because the train company of the train is there for the passengers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

According to eurail.com there are Eurail Aid Offices, but I don't get for what they are, because the train company of the train is there for the passengers.

“Eurail Aid Offices” usually had special trained staff that have extened knowledge arround Eurail and Interrail but since the mobile passes came up they struggle as they have yet no experience with Mobilepasses at the ticket offices. 

These Aid offices are often the normal ticket offices of the traincompanies at the station. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

They were mostly in big interconti airports (think FRA, AMS, but of coruse NOt LHR/LGW, and some major touristy cities where all EUrailers head for (Mostly ITaly).

Knowledge has also gone down the drain in 2 yrs of not touristy due to??

In general though I have always found OeBB staff very helpful and trying to help out in problems-in smaller stations /en/ may not be the strongest point.

Aklso back to issue: when conductor coames along in train 1 to check; Tell her/him that you want this conneection-youre most likely not the only 1-there will be announcement on how it is going later on-maybe only in german. This is the way to do this anywhere.