Solved

Dubious about how to make train seat reservations with the mobile pass

Hi fellow travellers!

I was wondering how can I make a seat reservation with the mobile pass. I will travel from Budapest to Bucarest and from Bucarest to Sofia. Later on, I will go from Thessaloniki to Athens.

The app says the reservation needs to be done in the website of Interrail, however, the page does not let me do that. An error pops up and says that our tickets won´t be on time. Now I´m dubious about how to do it.

Reading other topics, I came up with the idea of making the reservation with the operator of each country. Is it possible?

Any kind of help is appreciated! Thank you so much in advance! :)

icon

Best answer by seewulf 1 July 2022, 13:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the Community is to do exactly what you suggest. See below. 🌞

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The app says the reservation needs to be done in the website of Interrail, however, the page does not let me do that. An error pops up and says that our tickets won´t be on time. Now

The app just says you need a reservation it´s not compulsory to use the Interrail website.
The error is no error Interrail gives them self currently 8weeks to deliver Paperpasses and Paperreservations.

The bestway to book these trains is a International ticket office or call one :)
Budapest - Bucharest can be done at a Ticket office in Netherlands,Germany,Austria,Hungary,Czech Republic and few more

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And Buc-BG/Sof only when there-I guess you will stay a few days to see town Bucu? Do it just after arrival (as any passholder knew in the old days before allonthephone)-and it might even be not possible ,as this is not a real direct train-rerouted due to broken rails and change again in first town Bulgaria.