Solved

How can I change the date of reservations (ticket not yet activated)?

• 15 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I’m new to interrailing and have purchased my tickets (myself and daughters) and have made some reservations. However, I want to move the dates on 3 reservations (each to just one day later) but can’t see how to do this and the support is very slow (from what I read here). The reservations I want to change are not until the end of August, so I have a few weeks to work it out. I have not yet activated my ticket, so hope this will help (in that the paper tickets won’t have been dispatched yet, I hope). Does anyone have any advise on how best to make a reservation date change? The travel is for Spain and France.

Thanks,

Simone

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 8 August 2022, 12:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Simone Croft 

Unfortunately when a reservation has been made, it cannot be modified. Thalys reservations are the only ones I know of that can have their departure date changed. In order for the representatives to modify the reservation's date, you must speak with customer service.

Since changing the date for a Paper Pass is not possible, I suggest cancelling the reservation, getting a reimbursement (if applicable), and making a new one.

Have a lovely day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately when a reservation has been made, it cannot be modified. Thalys reservations are the only ones I know of that can have their departure date changed.

@Camilo. 

Eurostar reservations can also be changed, via the Eurostar website.

SNCF reservations should also be changeable, except if you have other exchange conditions than SNCF.

Hello, 

I need to change one reservation date of an italian train, for one day later. Trenitalia says only Interrail ca do that. How can I do it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I need to change one reservation date of an italian train, for one day later. Trenitalia says only Interrail ca do that. How can I do it?

Who at Trenitalia said that?

In any case, the only way that would be possible is via customer support:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Mention your travel date, so your request can be prioritised correctly.