Solved

How can I link seat reservations to a Mobile Pass?

• 25 May 2022
  • 8 replies

I bought a Global Pass, then choose the Mobile option instead of the “paper” one. Then, I also bought seat reservations.

After that, in the Rail Planner app I added and activated the pass.

Now, I am trying to link the seat reservations I bought to the Pass in the Rail Planner app. Any luck yet.

What I am trying to avoid is to print all the seat reservations, that is why I originally decided to use the Mobile app.

Is the a way to do this?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 26 May 2022, 20:07

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The reservations are separate from the pass, so you can't link them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You do NOT need to print REServ except in a very few special cases-just (if asked at all-when its optional noone will even want to see it), mostly overnight trains-the car conductor will like to have something.

Nearly every where tickets have a bar or QRcode-as long as this is showeable and scannable you will be OK.

Thanks for answering @AnnaB / @mcadv … 

This is the first time I’ll use the Global Pass. So, if the reservations are a separate thing, how do they (Eurail) count the “travel days” included in the Pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Each journey you make you need to enter to "My trip". Just before board the train you also add the journey to you pass and create the QR-code which is your ticket. 

If you have a flexi pass you need to keep track of your travel days. Each day when you board a train on or after 00.00 CET is a travel day. If you travel on a night train, the day of the departure is your travel day. As long as you only use the night train on the day of the arrival only one travel day will be used for the night train. As soon as you board a new train, a new travel day will be used.

@AnnaB  Thanks again for answering! Appreciate it!

Each journey you make you need to enter to "My trip". Just before board the train you also add the journey to you pass and create the QR-code which is your ticket. 

This is what confuses me 🤔.

First, I tried adding “a journey” from “My Trip”, and from there (mobile app), I never could do “seat reservations”. For doin so, I had to go to the website and do the purchases from there.

Now, going back to the “My Trip” section on the mobile app, I cannot longer see the “time slot” I paid in my seat reservations.

I just want to make sure I don’t have to pay again for what I already paid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you read the guide to using a mobile pass?

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started

Hello, 

I have a question about this as well. Probably the same. I did read the guide for using a mobile pass, but still have this question just to be sure and I can’t find a clear answer.

I planned my trip and added three journeys. Two of them required a reservation. I couldn’t find them on the interrail planner, or couldn’t make the reservations for the train I wanted so I went to the station and purchased the ticket there. The other ticket I made a reservation by phone and got a ticket in my mailbox. 

So now if I go to the travel day I get a QR-code for the first journey because that is one without reservation directly on my mobile pass. For the other two, I don’t have a QR-code in my mobile pass, but I suppose the QR-codes on the external tickets that I bought are the ones I’ll have to show to the conductor. Am I right? Or do I need to link these paper tickets to my mobile pass somehow? 

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So now if I go to the travel day I get a QR-code for the first journey because that is one without reservation directly on my mobile pass. For the other two, I don’t have a QR-code in my mobile pass, but I suppose the QR-codes on the external tickets that I bought are the ones I’ll have to show to the conductor. Am I right? Or do I need to link these paper tickets to my mobile pass somehow?

Reservations are entirely separate and canot be linked to the pass.

You need to add every journey first to My Trip and (shortly before boarding) to My Pass, like is explained in the link Anna posted.

For trains with a mandatory reservation, you need to show both your pass (the QR code, which is your ticket) AND the reservation.