Solved

How can I see the reservations I've made through the interrail site?

• 3 September 2022
  • 5 replies

I have made a number of reservations through the Interrail website. I have the email confirmations but I would like to see a summary of all the reservations I’ve made so far within the website and, ideally, in the app itself. Is that possible, or do I have print out every reservation? Seems very 20th century if that’s the case. 🙁

Thanks for your help. It’s great knowing the community is out there. 😀

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 3 September 2022, 15:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The reservations are separate from the app so you will never see them there. You should be able to see the reservations in your Interrail/Eurail account if you made the reservations through Interrail/Eurail.

Some reservations are sent through ordinary mail. Then there should be a record of the reservation in your account, but the actual reservation will not be there.

However, the advice from the experienced travellers is to avoid making reservations on the Interrail/Eurail website if possible. Please read more in my next reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Hi Anna

Thanks, that’s really helpful. I just wish I’d asked the question earlier as I’ve made many of my reservations already, using the Interrail site. That said, I’ve found all the individual bookings and downloaded them. I see they all have a machine readable code. Do I still need to print them out, or can the ticket inspectors read them as a saved document?

Thanks again.

Annette

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Normally you are fine just showing the reservation on your phone. For night trains it can be good to print the reservations if you can.

Personally I always print the reservations that I make before I leave home, but that is just because I like to have as much as possible on paper in case there is some problems with the connection to the network for the phone. You don’t need to be online to use the mobile pass app, but normally you need to be online to look at the account with your reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you are going to display the reservations on a phone then it would be advisable to download them as PDF or screenshot to the device so as not to need a live connection every time you are required to show them.