Solved

How do I get a Pass Cover Number?

I have emailed customer service that i need a Pass Cover number with no response, can anyone assist me?

thanks!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 27 May 2022, 17:28

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Rank
  •  

Have you contacted Customer Support through this form and asked for the Pass Cover Number?

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly.

For most routes there are different possibilities to make reservations and some don't require the Pass Cover Number.

If you give your travel details: date, departure time and route, here you can get advice on alternative ways to make your reservation. 

Yes thanks, I already submitted my request 2 days ago.

I want to travel from Paris to Marseille on 29 May but all the reservations are completely sold out. However , on https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv

There are lots of options to book, but i cannot without a pass cover number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should be able to book by phone at SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail.

Pretty sure I have read multiple times that you cannot book reservations over the phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Pretty sure I have read multiple times that you cannot book reservations over the phone?

You can book by phone at several national railway companies. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here you can read about different ways of making reservations.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

From your link:

As Frenchrail (SNCF) stopped to sell Reservations online and via phone :/ We wanna show you some other options how you get Reservations for Trains within France :) (Links provided by @rvdborgt )

1. Eurails own reservation service via App or Website (2 EUR fee per seat)
  2. Belgian railways (4 EUR fee per order). You need to request a pass cover number first.
  3. ACP rail (also with a fee, but it doesn't seem to work right now)

You can also call Belgian railways (no fee but you'll have to pay phone charges; no pass cover number required; reservation will be emailed).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

From your link:

As Frenchrail (SNCF) stopped to sell Reservations online and via phone :/ We wanna show you some other options how you get Reservations for Trains within France :) (Links provided by @rvdborgt )

2. Belgian railways (4 EUR fee per order). You need to request a pass cover number first.

You can also call Belgian railways (no fee but you'll have to pay phone charges; no pass cover number required; reservation will be emailed).

Yes, but SNCF has started to sell by phone recently and the guide has apparently not been updated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

From your link:

Yes, but SNCF has started to sell by phone recently and the guide has apparently not been updated. 

yeah my fault i will edit it.

Thank you! I called them and it worked! Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you! I called them and it worked! Cheers

@spacemanvt 

What card did you pay with? There has been several questions where people have been unable to pay with their cards.

I used Amex, but they took Visa and Mastercard too i believe

Hi! I would do the greek interrail but the ticket can only be delivered at home on 9 July. When will I receive the pass nulber? Only when the ticket arrives at home or immediately after the reservation online?

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi! I would do the greek interrail but the ticket can only be delivered at home on 9 July. When will I receive the pass nulber? Only when the ticket arrives at home or immediately after the reservation online?

You will have the pass cover number when you have the pass. You should also be able to buy any paper Interrail from a Trenitalia ticket office. Then you have it immediately.