Solved

How to make Frecciarossa seat reservations mobile pass?

• 14 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi!

I am planning on travelling from Venezia Mestre to Rome Termini by the high speed train Frecciarossa. I have a mobile pass and would like to make a seat reservation ahead since my connection time between arrival and departure is pretty short. I tried to use the Eurail reservation tool but I only get an error message when I am about to go to checkout. It has been like this for a day now so I guess it’s not just a temporary glitch. I tried to book online on Trenitalia’s website but couldn’t find any way of adding an interrail discount. I have checked the community for answers but haven’t really find any solution apart from buying a ticket at the station. Does anyone have experience of making seat reservations for Frecciarossa with Mobile pass and could give me some advice? Thanks very much!

//Olga

icon

Best answer by EdM 14 April 2022, 10:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Olga,

If you’re not having much success booking this train through Interrail, the next port of call should be the website of the Austrian national rail company, at oebb.at, where you’ll also save €2 because there are no booking fees attached. Instructions on how to do this can be found on the following overview page (scroll up/down to the entry from 19 days ago):

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

Hello and thank you for reply. However, the Asutrian ÖBB does not operate Italian national railways so I don’t see how their website could help me make a reservation for the trip Venice to Rome?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

ÖBB is the only train operator in Europe that sells Online Reservations for Italian Highspeed and Intercity trains of Trenitalia and also you don't have to pay extra booking fees.

You can also try via interrail.eu.

Try it via öbb, if you want to buy it online.

You can also buy reservations at counters of Deutsche Bahn or ÖBB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello and thank you for reply. However, the Asutrian ÖBB does not operate Italian national railways so I don’t see how their website could help me make a reservation for the trip Venice to Rome?

Many railways sell reservations for other railways, usually at their ticket offices. This has always been the case. ÖBB now also sells Italian reservations online. Instructions for Italian day trains are here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In the distant past when SJ ran about all trains in SE and had even offices/counters at about all major cities still-they could also do it then+there. You could also go there and buy a paper pass right at the spot. It is mostly since this new-style online things came that all has changed-and much more in SE with its sky-high wages. A new problem arose: fraud by people who discovered they could just buy the cheap REServation and not the ticket-which has more or less now been solved by this app. This is also the case for TrenItalia