Solved

I need a mobile ticket but was only offered a paper ticket? Is there a way to get a mobile ticket reservation?

• 17 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I planned a journey from Paris to Barcelona for my family of 6 using rail planner app.  As advised I paid for seat reservations on eurorail.com.  Upon checkout I was advised that the tickets could only be posted out and that i needed to supply the address of my accomodation.   This seemed completely ancient to me but I reluctantly proceeded.  Despite the day of travel not being for another month, the accomodation agreed to accept and sign for the tickets when they arrive and hold them for me.  This was inconvenient to organise and I really don’t want to do it for all the places we will be travelling to throughout our trip, not to mention the hassle if something goes amiss.   2 hotels I approached about it said they hadn’t heard of it before.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 17 August 2022, 11:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For some destinations Interrail can only sell paper reservations but there are other ways to make the reservation. The experienced travellers recommend that you only make your reservations through the Interrail/Eurail website if no other option are available. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.