Solved

Ljubljana night train to Zurich

• 7 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I am looking to book the night train from Ljubljana to Zurich. I was able to reserve my 1st class ticket, but I would like to purchase the single sleeper, on May 2nd, 2023. Does anyone have any idea of how I can go about to book this? Does anyone know which railway this is, so that maybe I can book directly with them? I have also read that the train a few months ago was being worked on and that it is now done by bus, is this still true?

Thank you in advance for all the help

icon

Best answer by Hektor 7 February 2023, 18:30

View original

3 replies

I am looking to book the night train from Ljubljana to Zurich. I was able to reserve my 1st class ticket, but I would like to purchase the single sleeper, on May 2nd, 2023. Does anyone have any idea of how I can go about to book this? Does anyone know which railway this is, so that maybe I can book directly with them? I have also read that the train a few months ago was being worked on and that it is now done by bus, is this still true?

Thank you in advance for all the help

The train timetable is not confirmed yet for may 2nd. 

It will not run on it's normal route because of tunnel maintenance in Austria. 

If it will be open for reservation, it may be done here: https://shop.oebbtickets.at/en/ticket?cref=oebb-allgemein (no date for this confirmed yet).

I'm glad I found this thread! I was also planning to travel from Zurich to Ljibliana (and back) between April and May. Transferring to a bus sounds very inconvenient : (

I'm glad I found this thread! I was also planning to travel from Zurich to Ljibliana (and back) between April and May. Transferring to a bus sounds very inconvenient : (

@Ssiemens1 The actual planed timetable looks like this:

So it wouldn't serve Ljubljana. Nearest station would be Celje (1 hour from Ljubljana).

Valid from 12th of April to 16th of May.