Solved

Milan - Nice; unavailable leg

Hi all, 
I know I’m very last minute with my planning but we plan on travelling from Milan to Nice tomorrow however when I got to pay for the reservation this keeps coming up. Any help would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 10 July 2022, 00:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can try to make the reservation elsewhere. 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to only make reservations through the Interrail/Eurail website if no other option is available. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

TRip has 2-maybe 3-legs; IN IT via Genova till Ventim(last stop-IC treni run diretto-cost 3€ for RES (but its sunday, holiday, coast, so it may be fully booked)-so use treni regionale=without RES. Can set app/planner simply to NON-RES.

From Venti its FRench local TER treni-these were for 1 week banned from passses-but its now OK again-again NO RES even possible.

ALT-more scenic, more time: via Torino and Cuneo. NO RES needed. Use planer and divide up in segments