Solved

Monaco - Bologna reservations ''not available''

Hi everyone, I was trying to book seats for me and my friends for the Munich-Bologna route.  But when we try to select it to pay, it tells us that it is not available.  Anyone know why these problems arise?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 18 July 2022, 16:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Try to book elsewhere.  The advice from the experienced travellers is to avoid making reservation at the Interrail/Eurail website. Please read more about that below. 

You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Simone, please read @AnnaB reply. 

For your route, for the day trains DB-ÖBB Eurocity Munich-Bologna reservations are only optional, but for the Italian part you have to pay 10€ fee (2nd class). If you pay the fee at a ticket office of Trenitalia or Deutsche Bahn you get a reservation for free on top. Via ÖBB you can pay online the 10€, but reservation is 3€ extra.