Solved

"One of the legs of your journey could not be booked"

Hi 

I'm trying to book seat reservations for 6 people from Lausanne to Paris at 9:45am on 11 August. I get to the last stage of checkout and get a red error message saying 'one of the legs of your journey could not be booked. This is the only journey in my cart. I've tried many times and just keep getting the same error. I don't understand as the website says seats are available? I also get the same problem if I try to book the train from Geneva or a train from Lausanne at a different time on the same day.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 May 2022, 12:13

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I seem to recall this is a limitation of the SNCF interface that the website is using: the maximum number is passengers is 5. A warning message about that would be implemented but it looks like that hasn't been done yet.

The best is to call SNCF: press #85 for English, no booking fees (Interrail charges 2€ per person and train), delivery via e-mail.

I seem to recall this is a limitation of the SNCF interface that the website is using: the maximum number is passengers is 5. A warning message about that would be implemented but it looks like that hasn't been done yet.

The best is to call SNCF: press #85 for English, no booking fees (Interrail charges 2€ per person and train), delivery via e-mail.

Thanks, I'll try calling them.

I'd hoped that using an Interrail pass would be easy but it's much more complicated than the advertising makes out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is NOT easy at all:
1.for such big groups

1. in FRance in general
  2. even much more: for any trip OVER the border to/fro FR
  3. PLUS that you pay through the nose for trips over the border in direct TGV-its often possible to lower that to domestic by using a local train till just over border, but in this case this means a big detour and much more time needed

I am having a similar issue, but with 2 passengers, after going through 2 steps of checkout and during the “Review your Trip” step. Trip is from BASEL SBB (Switzerland) to UTRECHT CENTRAAL (Netherlands). Any ideas on how to get through this error

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am having a similar issue, but with 2 passengers, after going through 2 steps of checkout and during the “Review your Trip” step. Trip is from BASEL SBB (Switzerland) to UTRECHT CENTRAAL (Netherlands). Any ideas on how to get through this error

Please mention travel date and departure time.

Please mention travel date and departure time.

Thank you for your response @rvdborgt Travel Date Friday, July 8, 2022, 11.13PM to 8:33AM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like couchettes and sleepers are fully booked and there are only seats left.

You can book seats via ÖBB (if you want that), using the "Seat only” option. Price is 3€ per seat.

Thanks @rvdborgt. I selected seat only. There is an option for first class. Is it possible to check that, if the Global Pass is First Class?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is an option for first class. Is it possible to check that, if the Global Pass is First Class?

If you have a first class pass, then you can book a reservation in first class.

Thank you @rvdborgt .

One more issue I am facing. In OBB, I see two trains NJ and IC. Both operating at the same time from BASEL SBB (Switzerland) to UTRECHT CENTRAAL. Only the NJ is in the Eurail reservation system. I don’t see the IC in the Eurail reservation results. The NJ in OBB says “No tickets Available”.

Not sure if I can go ahead and book the IC, and whether it will honor the Eurail Global Pass. Would you be able to help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

One more issue I am facing. In OBB, I see two trains NJ and IC. Both operating at the same time from BASEL SBB (Switzerland) to UTRECHT CENTRAAL. Only the NJ is in the Eurail reservation system. I don’t see the IC in the Eurail reservation results. The NJ in OBB says “No tickets Available”.

Not sure if I can go ahead and book the IC, and whether it will honor the Eurail Global Pass. Would you be able to help?

NJ and IC and in the same train. The NJ consists of the sleepers and couchettes and is fully booked. The IC consists of the seating coaches and can be booked and used with a pass, regardless of what the Eurail website shows.

Thanks @rvdborgt Another issue: I bought the ICE seat reservation. Now I can’t seem to find the “journey” to add to the Global Pass, in my App. The search seems to filter out routes that are now not available. There is a “Manual” entry option, but I don’t know enough about the specific trip to add it Manually. Do you have any suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Another issue: I bought the ICE seat reservation. Now I can’t seem to find the “journey” to add to the Global Pass, in my App. The search seems to filter out routes that are now not available.

Please check for app updates.

When I ask the app for a journey Basel SBB - Utrecht Centraal on 8 July 23:00, then your train (IC 60402) is the first option.

Thanks @rvdborgt . My bad. I wasn’t looking hard enough.

So, in general, can I look at other railway sites to book reservations, other than through eurail? What other sites are there?

I am looking at another Journey from Amsterdam to London, and I see the same issue on some legs. These are the Trains I see with issues: THA9364, ES 9157. Are there other sites I can book the reservation from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @rvdborgt . My bad. I wasn’t looking hard enough.

So, in general, can I look at other railway sites to book reservations, other than through eurail? What other sites are there?

You can book reservations anywhere you want: other websites, by phone, at ticket offices, etc.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:
https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

I am looking at another Journey from Amsterdam to London, and I see the same issue on some legs. These are the Trains I see with issues: THA9364, ES 9157. Are there other sites I can book the reservation from?

For Thalys and Eurostar, I use this website to check availability:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

It will only show trains with available pass holder seats. Keep clicking on “Earlier trains” or "Later trains” to find the last or first available seats. When you book there, a 4€ booking fee (per order) is added, so I don't really use it for booking (Eurail has a booking fee of 2€ per person and train). B-Europe also want to have a "pass cover number”, which is on thee pass cover of the paper pass or which you can request from customer service.

@rvdborgt one more potential issue… some of the legs say, “you don’t have to book a reservation”, do you still have to book a reservation, or is it safe to just use the pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

one more potential issue… some of the legs say, “you don’t have to book a reservation”, do you still have to book a reservation, or is it safe to just use the pass?

That means reservation is optional. Just board and find a free seat. Trains can still be busy of course, in long distance trains that's usually on Friday/Sunday afternoon/evening, around long weekends and in the weekends in the holiday season.

Hi i have the same Problem for our train today.

It goes from Kopenhagen to Stockholm (11. August 2022, 14:19 Kopenhagen - 19:37 Stockholm Center - direct - 2 Passengers)

Can you please Help me? Because the track is already in our account and the Hostels are booked.  Thank you!!

Max

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi i have the same Problem for our train today.

It goes from Kopenhagen to Stockholm (11. August 2022, 14:19 Kopenhagen - 19:37 Stockholm Center - direct - 2 Passengers)

Can you please Help me? Because the track is already in our account and the Hostels are booked.  Thank you!!

Sorry, I was on holiday. Next time: book Swedish trains via sj.se. Cheaper and more reliable.