Solved

Reservation july; Berlin to Krakow - ''no ticket left, book 60 days before travel date''

Hi, 

I’m new to the interrail community. This summer my friend and I will be interrailing for the first time. We are leaving on the 24th of july and just started booking tickets. However, there are a lot of trains that need seat reservations. When I try to make a seat reservation online for the 25th of july, it says that there are no tickets left and when I click on extra information it says that you can only reserve seats 60 days before the travel date and earlier. Unfortunately we are now at 54 days before the travel date and it seems that we can’t make a seat reservation anymore trough the website of interrail. 

Does anyone now in what other way I can make a seat reservation for me and my friend? For now, it is for the train from Berlin HBF tot Krakow Glowny on the 25th of july, that depards at 10:39 am. 

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 June 2022, 04:43

View original

8 replies

Hi! I have the same problem. I suspect a visit at any German big station is needed to book a seat. It’s obviously not as it should be. I will ask my Polish friends in Berlin in a few days if these trains are often fully booked in summer months. Perhaps I will need to improvise a little.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations from Germany to Poland can currently only be made at the ticket office, or by phone via DB (+49 30 2970, collect at a DB ticket machine).

It should also be possible in other countries than Germany or Poland.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is indeed just 1 train Direct (means no change, but still mant stops)/day, but you can go much more often-in case you find problems-use the B->WAW direct train and change somewhere-most often Poznan. Note that this trip is very slow the last part, so slow that most local Polski use a bus instead (from Katowice or sometimes even Wroclaw). Do NOT use app-planner, use bahn.de and break up in segments for more options.

You can also go via/change in WAW, this is longer in KM, probably not in time but trains=pociagow Waw->Krk will then be higher chance of full. In PL its most often very busy for tipical weekends-and in summer to/fro the seaside. Trains IN PL are only open for RES 30 days advance-and I just read it should in fact now be possible to do an online seat-ONLY RESERv via the intercity.pkp.pl site-with some tricks. Expect the whole thing to turn into Polish.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There several ways to make reservations. You can read more about that here.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

Same problem here 🙋🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Same problem here 🙋🏻

@Vidar Smits 

If you make a new post where you write your travel details  (departure date, time and route) you will get advice on how to make reservations. 

@AnnaB Berlin Hbf - Krakow Glowny. Departure Date:24-07-2022, Departure time: 10:39 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

There is a workaround for this (at least worked in 2021): Buy a domestic reservation from Rzepin to Krakow on intercity.pl (should be less than 1 euro) and then buy the reservation from Berlin to Rzepin when you are at a station. It is very unlikely that the whole train from Berlin to Rzepin will be sold out if you have a reservation from Rzepin onwards… because most people will travel to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice.