Solved

Reservations, Eurostar, and TGV

• 22 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I have purchased 2 Global paper pass, and am still awaiting delivery in the United States.  Apparently the shipment is still in U.S. Customs and has been there for nearly 2 weeks.  I am still a couple of months from traveling but just trying to my due diligence in case this pass doesnt show up. I did a search on this site, and it appears several people have had major delays in recieving the paper passes due to issues with U.S. Customs/Post Office.

When I recieved confirmation of the purchase of my Global paper pass I recieved pass cover numbers so I could go ahead and reserve seats.  I have done that.  Used the Belgian Rail site and purchased a reservation on Eurostar from London to Paris, and on the TGV from Paris to Colmar, Fr,  I have printed hard copies of the reservations.

If my paper passes do not arrive in time, I may be forced to purchase a Mobile Pass, and then try and process a refund for the paper passes I have not recieved.

If I end up purchasing a Mobile Pass, can I use those reservations I made with the pass cover numbers (with the hard copy print out) in conjuction with the mobile pass ticket?  Will the mobile app allow me to do this? I am not really that familiar with the app, but played with it a bit, and it gave me the impression I would have to buy the reservation through the app.  Do not want to have to buy reservations again, especially for the Eurostar!

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 22 August 2022, 20:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can use the reservation you already made even if you end up travelling with a mobile pass.

There is no need to make reservations through Interrail/Eurail. There are several ways to make reservations.

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning and reservations. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.