Solved

Reserving in France - can't click on reserve seat. How to book?

Hi, the Eurail pass is making me crazy! Planning ahead of time our trip to the South of France and imposible to Reserve Seat you cannot click there! And we are afraid that we have all hotels in the south but since we see everything is so booked up and full because of the dates, that we stay with nothing! Please help me figure this out! Somewhere I read that in France you can only reserve an hour before the trip!? But if so, do you really think that because of summer trains get sold out? It is risky to loose our flight back to America… but at the same time I do not want to loose the money we paid for this stupid pass that there is no place to call and so hard to use! 
please help 🙏🏽
thxs, Alma

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 June 2022, 17:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Its all in the other overview by seewulf-hottodo outof the app-and also save money.

Do use brains better: on most lines there are trains ev hour or so-oits not AmTrak with  just 1/day with eternal delays too. PLus that most often one can use-for shorter distaxne the regional TER trains without any chance to REServe-nor need to. Can set app to´no RES needed´

Whilst IN FR its dead easy to REServe yourself on the machines-with ample choice. A few days advance for most trips is realy enough. And where did you read 1 hr? Thats utter nonsense

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Somewhere I read that in France you can only reserve an hour before the trip!?

That's nonsense. Some trains open for booking 3 or 4 months in advance.

But if so, do you really think that because of summer trains get sold out? It is risky to loose our flight back to America… but at the same time I do not want to loose the money we paid for this stupid pass that there is no place to call and so hard to use!

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:
https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105
If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservations, please create a new topic with your travel details (departure date, time and route) and you will get advice.

The best way to make reservations for French trains in advance is to call SNCF:
https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone
Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail.