Solved

Seat Reservation Amsterdam - Zurich ''may be sold out, purchase at station''

I am traveling from Amsterdam to Zurich in July. I was able to add the trip to my eurail pass, but when I went to make my seat reservation it says that the seats “may be sold out” and to “purchase a seat reservation at a station in Europe.” Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how I go about purchasing my seat reservation?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 13 June 2022, 10:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice is to avoid connecting a journey to your pass, thus activating a travel day, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your plans change. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day. This is especially important if you have a flexi pass.

Regarding reservation, the advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You do not even need a REServ-though it is advisable in main season. For the overnight it is only as such mandatory for bed/sleeper= see same manual onhowtodo ia oebb.at

You can RES as ´seat only´ for daytime ICE (change needed anyway) vai bahn.com for 4,50/5,70 (2nd/1st).