Solved

Situation on train from Munich to Split or Croatia. Fully booked or easy to find trains?

• 16 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

hello :)

i am travelling from stockholm to croatia, my fist stop will be in germany. i was wondering if the trains from germany, example munich, going in the directon to split/croatia are fully booked or if it should be possible to find trains easily?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 16 July 2022, 16:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It all depends which trains on which days you wanna take. And which comfort The Sleeper from Munich to Split is sold out for many depature but especially within the week you can still find few beds :) 

If you wanna go to Split easily i recommend to catch either the Prague - Bratislava - Split train of Regiojet (Interrai not valid but fares starts from 40€ for a seat) 

the twice weekly Bratislava/Vienna/(Graz) service to Split of Slovakian/Austrian Rail quite expensive with Interrail 

or the up to 3 times per week Budapest - Split Nighttrain of Hungarian Rail :) 

It´s the easiest way to get to Split and avoid the reservation stress of the Croatian domestic routes like Zagreb - Split as these can be done this year only within Croatia. 

All 3 mentioned Nighttrains can be booked online one the relevant pages of the RAilcompanies for details i recommend to have a look in this Post 

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105