Solved

Sold out connection; Copenhagen - Hamburg. It recently changed from not required to required

• 25 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi! My friend and I was planning to travel from Gothenburg C to Wien at 8.40 am tomorrow, we've already made a reservation for the connection between Hamburg and Wien which was compulsory at the time. Now we see that we also have to make a reservation between our connection from Copenhagen to Hamburg which WASN'T a the time time we made our first reservation and now that connection is fully booked. Do you have any possible solutions so that we don't miss our connecting train to Wien?

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Al_G 25 June 2022, 17:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When do you need to be in Hamburg?

Which connection is fully booked?

We need to be in Hamburg by 8.29 pm tomorrow. We've already booked our train from Hamburg to Wien (which is the train that departures at 8.29 pm)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It’s possible by changing in Copenhagen, Frederica and Flensburg, avoiding the direct Copenhagen - Hamburg IC trains that are reservation compulsory.

These connections run every 2 hours and there are several you can choose to get to Hamburg in time.

If you are having difficulty getting them to show on a journey planner break it up by requesting only segments of the journey at a time.

One possibility, others are available:

08.40 Goteborg - Copenhagen - 12.29

12.56 Copenhagen - Frederica 14.38

14.45 Frederica - Flensburg 16.07

16.15 Flensburg - Hamburg 18.16

this website is a scam, before I bought the eurail pass I could travel from paris to amsterdam direct for 30 euros. After I bought it suddently the train is fully booked

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

this website is a scam, before I bought the eurail pass I could travel from paris to amsterdam direct for 30 euros. After I bought it suddently the train is fully booked

You don't see the availability before you have connected a pass to the planner.

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice. 

You don't see the availability before you have connected a pass to the planner.

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice. 

very convenient