Solved

The seat reservation does not work and i missed my train because of it.- send back to homepage

I’ve been trying to reserve seats but the eurail website is not working. When I try to pay, it sends me to the homepage. I tried doing it with italia train but when I put my pass number it doesn’t work. I missed my train because I couldn’t reserve my seat and had to pay full price for the next one. I’m really disappointed. I want a refund. 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 4 July 2022, 11:07

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where are you travelling?

The advice from the experienced travellers in the Community is to avoid making reservations through Interrail/Eurail if possible.

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’ve been trying to reserve seats but the eurail website is not working. When I try to pay, it sends me to the homepage. I tried doing it with italia train but when I put my pass number it doesn’t work. I missed my train because I couldn’t reserve my seat and had to pay full price for the next one. I’m really disappointed. I want a refund. 

You can even reserve at the station :) 

In case of Italy you can reserve on oebb.at aswell 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi for Italy you can reserve via Austrian railways using tickets.oebb.at ONE WAY TICKET option add at adult the discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass.

But why do you don’t go to the ticket office of Trenitalia to book a reservation?? They can also do it. Italia Rail is not the train company that runs the train, bur only a US Travel Agency. They can’t book reservations any more. 

Or ask the train conductor before entering the train for help. 

For Refund, I don’t think that you will get one, but you can ask directly the customer service. This here is a community to help each others. 

I also have not been able to make seat reservations on the website. I guess now it is only possible to do it at the station at the country where you embark on the train. I spoke to Deutsche Bahn information and this is possible for Germany.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jose Ovidio Copstein Waldemar 

There are several websites where you can make reservations. What route do you want to make a reservation for?

from Oslo to Stockolm

from Stockolm to Copenhagem

from Copenhagen to Berlin

from Berlin to Paris

thanks

I was able to make seat reservations on the Swedish rail network! Not easy but possible.

Not in the Germany site.

Anybody knows the adress of the norwegian rail service? thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

from Oslo to Stockolm

Book at sj.se

from Stockolm to Copenhagem

Book at sj.se

from Copenhagen to Berlin

Book at https://travel.b-europe.com/dsb-rail/en/reservation-only#TravelWish

from Berlin to Paris

Call SNCF 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail. Not all credit cards are accepted.

@Jose Ovidio Copstein Waldemar