Solved

Ticket charged fully instead of partially (eurail pass holder)

• 6 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi travellers, have you experienced to be charged a fully tariff ticket although you are a eurail pass holder?

I bought a ticket at Paris Gare de Lyon Station, on these self.service machines, and I was charged full tariff for a ticket from Paris to Berlin (euros 213) instead of partially as I have my eurail pass, so I should be charged with just euros 30 - 40 app.

Have you experienced this issue? how it was solved?, I try to get in touch with eurail offices or agents but i just got connected with a chatbot, and they suppose to get back to me within 48 hours.

Do I have possibilities to get the extra money paid back? any chances? anyone on this community could comment? I will really appreciate it!!

Bye for now.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 April 2022, 11:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I know SNCF ticket machines can sell pass holder seats, but as far as I know, they can only do that for French domestic trains, not for any international trains. If you see an unexpected price, the best is to stop the transaction and go to the ticket office.

Customer service will get back to you. They prioritise requests for urgency and travelling users are most urgent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

They CAN for a very few (probably not those that all newbees want to use) destinations just over the FR border, and only in/on that specific TGV itself. Felt bored last time waiting too long in some provincial station where the promised wifi would not work for foreigners-so I had time to kill.

Rodrigo could also have bought just a ticket till first stop in DE -that would about halve the price. But you have to know al these things and know where to look. It is quite complicated to find the special IR-REServ on the machines of SNCF- maybe there is even such a funny instructive YouTube on it?