Solved

Trains from Amsterdam to Munich

• 17 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to book a train from Amsterdam to Munich on Monday 7th August, but there are very few options currently showing, however there are a lot more options for any day prior to this. Do they release these in week batches and therefore I will have to wait until Monday 20th February for these additional trains to show?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 February 2023, 22:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There's only one direct train Amsterdam - Munich: the night train. You can book it on tickets.oebb.at (no booking fees there) and 7 August is already bookable. Do NOT use "seat reservation only” but add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then select "One-way tickets and day tickets”.
Day trains can also already be booked, on bahn.com. Use "Seat reservation ony”.

I don’t mind it not being direct, the day before (Sunday 6th August) shows a train from 11:24 which arrives in Munich at 19:27 via 2 changes. Ideally this is what we would book for the Monday 7th August, but this isn’t showing? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don’t mind it not being direct, the day before (Sunday 6th August) shows a train from 11:24 which arrives in Munich at 19:27 via 2 changes. Ideally this is what we would book for the Monday 7th August, but this isn’t showing? 

It's showing when I look:

You can only book reservations for ICE 1011, cheapest is to book via tickets.oebb.at (€3), using "seat reservation only” in this case.

In case you're looking at the Interrail website or the rail planner app: please don't use it to plan. It's not reliable.