Solved

Travel together - reservation of seats

Badge +1

Hi. >» Yes, I read other topics about this but I still don’t know how to do this:

I already have a global pass. Now my friend joins me for 2 weeks so I buy a 2nd global pass (for him).

> > > Can I best add his pass on my device or doesn’t make that any difference (he will travel with me his whole trip).

> > > How can I make reservations for 2 seats next to each other (with the 2 interrail passes).

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 5 June 2022, 17:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi. You can have several passes on one device, but Im not sure if this will ease your work or if you still have to add the trips separatedly to the according passes.

About reservations: reservations made in one booking normally get seats assigned together. With some services you can even choose your seats on a seatmap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The seat reservations are separate from the mobile pass, so it is perfectly possible that one person has the reservations for more than one person and those persons have their mobile passes on their own devices.

There are several ways to make reservations and most of them are better and cheaper than the Interrail/Eurail webpage. Here is a guide:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

> > > Can I best add his pass on my device or doesn’t make that any difference (he will travel with me his whole trip).

I would say that it is better that each person has his/her own pass. You never know what will happen. There might occur something that would make you need to travel separately even if you haven't planed that. 

If a pass has been connected to a phone, only Customer Support can disconnect the pass. As Customer Support is overloaded with requests, it takes time to get help.