Solved

Travelling from Vienna to Venice and having some issues.

Im travelling from Vienna to Venice on the 24th of July (around 6am) and im having a lot of issues because the app and the reservation website show different trains. Here is my conversation with the community. I kept reading and i found out that i should just go on the OBB website and book a train there. However on the website it gives me 2 options to look for in a ticket after i say that I own an interrail ticket. 

when i say i just want a seat reservation it costs 6€. When i buy the one way ticket its 20€ (im buying 2 tickets btw). My question is if I need to buy the ticket aswell or does the interrail ticket cover that, and if it does, how do i get a confirmation or something i could show to a ticket inspector on the train?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 July 2022, 21:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi first of all there are works between Villach and Venice. You will ride with an replacement bus in July.

The direct train does not run. For the italian part of the trip you need to pay 10€ fee/person wich you get via one way ticket, you need this. I don't know if you need it for the replacement bus. Reservation is optional, but highly reccomended if you take the Intercity Bus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The ÖBB website is proposing a replacement bus from Villach to Udine and want to charge a 10€ supplement for it (but only if you arrive by train from somewhere else - the bus itself doesn't show a fare). That feels like a rip-off. I wouldn't buy this supplement; a reservation for this replacement bus is not possible.

so what would the alternative be? how do i get from villach to udine?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

so what would the alternative be?

Just add the trains and bus to your app or pass cover, board and find a seat.