Solved

Website not going to reservation payment page- after traveler details it goes back to the homepage

I'm trying to make my seat reservation on your EU Rail website. I have the necessary seats clicked and in my cart. I have entered the Traveler Details and Review order. When I click next, the screen goes back to the main homepage and not to the payment page. 
The reservations I have chosen are still in the cart.

How do I make the payment for my seats if the website keeps going back to the main page?
I’ve tried restarting my computer and also using another family member’s computer, but still the same issue persists.
Please assist.
Thank you.
icon

Best answer by japanibabe 5 July 2022, 11:59

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to only make reservations through the Interrail/Eurail website if no other option is available. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Sorry but this reply doesn’t really help in resolving my issue. I am using the EU Rail website and it won’t take me to the payment page after I add all my trips and traveler’s details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry but this reply doesn’t really help in resolving my issue. I am using the EU Rail website and it won’t take me to the payment page after I add all my trips and traveler’s details.

The short answer is don't make your reservations at that page. If you give the details of the journeys you are trying to make reservations for in a new topic in the community, you will get advice where to make the reservations. 

At the top of the EU Rail website, it says “Book Reservations”. I am using this link and I am able to put my trips with the payment amount for each trip listed. At the bottom, I click “Checkout”, which continues to my cart, billing details, and contact information. At the bottom of this page, it says “Continue to traveler details”.

This is when the page goes back to the EU Rail homepage.

I’ve tried restarting my computer and even using another computer but same thing. It’s really frustrating.

Ok it finally worked!! I got an email from Customer service:

Michael D (Eurail.com)

Jul 5, 2022, 11:47 GMT+2

Hello,

We are aware of this error and are currently working to resolve it. As soon as it has been resolved we will update you so you can book your travel reservations.

We appreciate your patience on this issue.

Best regards,

Michael D
Customer service team
Eurail BV

Ok so customer service replied that they are aware of this issue and have fixed it! Yay so nothing wrong on my part. phew!

Hey do you know how they fixed it and who to contact I’m having the exact same issue the website crashes every time I continua pass my billing details

I know they fixed it because i got an email from them and I was able to check out my seat reservation and get the confirmation email. Try emailing them customerservice@eurail.com

Good luck