Solved

When using reservation tool via website my pass doesn't show up

Hi! 

For some reason, every time I try to use the reservation tool via the interrail website my pass doesn’t show up. I login with my account as requested but my pass (1 month global pass) does not appear and I am unable to make any reservations. I need to reserve seats on the French TGV and cannot find any other way of doing this. 

Would love to hear anything tips on what I can do in this situation!

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 16 July 2022, 16:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to only make reservations through the Interrail/Eurail website if no other option is available. There is a link to a guide with information about how to make reservations for different trains. There are instructions for French TGVs.

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Hey! You’re saying two different things here. That the advice is to only make reservations through the interrail website and later you say you should use other ways. Either way, this doesn’t address my problem since I am unable to even reach the interrail reservation tool. Reading other posts on this website I feel like this may be due to a bug on interrail’s side. 

This is what I get once logging in after trying to book reservations through the interrail website:

“You don't have any trips yet

If you purchased your Pass on Interrail.eu but don’t see your trip details, contact our customer service. You can’t book seat reservations without these details, but you can check train times and see estimated seat reservation prices for your journey”

however I do have a pass and I don’t find any way to contact interrail 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey! You’re saying two different things here. That the advice is to only make reservations through the interrail website and later you say you should use other ways. Either way, this doesn’t address my problem since I am unable to even reach the interrail reservation tool. Reading other posts on this website I feel like this may be due to a bug on interrail’s side. 

She says to use the Interrail/Eurail reservation service only if there is no other way ;)  in her first sentence and later in the General advice

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is what I get once logging in after trying to book reservations through the interrail website:

“You don't have any trips yet

If you purchased your Pass on Interrail.eu but don’t see your trip details, contact our customer service. You can’t book seat reservations without these details, but you can check train times and see estimated seat reservation prices for your journey”

however I do have a pass and I don’t find any way to contact interrail 

You have to create a trip on the Website :) 

The trip in the App and on the website are not connected ;) As Reservation and pass are two different things :)