Solved

Why I can't receive a discount on my ferry booking with the Interrail Code?

• 26 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello everybody,

I want to book the ferry from Travemünde (Germany) to Malmö (Sweden) for my Interrail trip.

I red on this link (https://www.interrail.eu/de/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/ferries/finnlines) that I can book the ferry from Travemünde to Malmö, and using the “RAIL” code, I will receive a 50% discount on the booking of the ferry, but on the finnlines website the code isn’t valid.

Does anybody know why and if there is another valid Interrail Code to receive a discount?

Thank you for your responses :)

icon

Best answer by Al_G 26 February 2024, 09:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The code works, the discount is only on the standard fares and only on the base fare, not cabins or extras or port tax.

There are cheaper “special fares” that have refund restrictions, on a day sailing with no cabin the discount on a standard fare works out about €5 cheaper than a special fare. On the night sailings with a cabin the discount still leaves the standard fare more expensive than the non-discounted special fare.

50% discount sounds great but as with a lot of the side offers it works out to be just a small reduction with specific conditions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The information says that the discount is given on "selected routes", so I guess that you must contact Finnlines and ask for what routes and dates that the discount is valid. The discount is not 50% on the whole booking. "50% discount on the standard passenger fares (port tax, meals and cabin accommodation excluded) on select routes."