Solved

Age changing from 59 to 60 within next months, which ticket to buy?

Hello Interrailers,

I want to buy a 50th anniversary Interrail Ticket, but I’m not shure, when the journey will exactly start in the next 11 month. In 5 month, my age changes from 59 to 60.

• Can I buy an 60 year Interrailticket if I’m shure, my journey starts after 5 months ?
  • Can I buy an 59 year Interrailticket if I’m not shure, or do I get problems if I start my journey after 5 months, i.e. starting the journey when I 60 years old ?

Thank you for your answers,

st.eini

icon

Best answer by Nanja 1 August 2022, 16:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@1 I really dont know, but may give trouble as one usually has to give name, birthdate, ID-nr when buying-though I´ve never used an online passonfone, so I dk how it works on that

@2 this is certainly possible.

Note-again-this very good promotion is ONLY for continous 1-2-3 month global passes and the usual discount for senior is 10% (thus effective now 5% of old sum)-not that big an amount. About 40€ on a 3-month=less as ½ €/day. To compare (also senior) I currently have 10 days in 2 month pass (bought with 10% promotion discount) and this was about 333€

Same here! I turn 60 this October. Was hoping to buy a Senior Global Pass at 50% off for use after my birthday but it appears you can’t do that unless you’re already 60 or over (the online booking form won’t accept your birthdate otherwise)! :(

Badge

I could not buy it either. I think there should be some possibility though.

Yes, I agree! I‘ve decided to buy an Adult pass anyway (1 mth 1st class) because the price difference between it and a Senior pass isn’t that great and I also get to use it right away rather than wait till my 60th later this year. Happy travels everybody!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi all, although the answer might come to late it might help other travelers:  As long as you are 60 when you start your trip, you can purchase your Pass before your 60th birthday. There has been a period in which it was blocking customers from booking, but it has been fixed some time ago. 

Thanks Nanja! Despite what I wrote in my last reply some months ago (see above) I did in fact manage to get my Senior pass at 50% off after all - someone at Eurail contacted me to say, just get the pass and they’d take 50% off the price immediately, which they did! Now i just have to wait a couple more months or so until I turn 50 and then I can finally get going!