Night train Budapest to Bucuresti. Is there a way to make this reservation without the need for a paper ticket?

• 11 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey all!

I'm having some problems to make 3 reservations for a 6 sleeping cabin on the night train from Budapest to Bucuresti. The train I’m wanting to reserve leaves Budapest at 19.10 on the 14th of august and arrives at 11.59 on the 15th of august in Bucharest. 

Is there a way to make this reservation without the need of a paper ticket, since I am already on my way.

Thanks!

Kasper

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

at doe je dus aan een loket, met daarachter een werkend mens, en in een land dat direkte toegang heeft tot de data van die trein. Op de logiese route daarheen zijn dat DE en dan AT, met als lest best HU. 

We kunnen dus het best hier naar vragen als we in Budapest aangekomen zijn? Dan op het station aan een loket vragen hoe we een plek kunnen reserveren enzovoorts?

Badge

In 2014 hebben we deze gewoon ruim van tevoren gereserveerd (couchette Budapest - Boekarest) via Treinreiswinkel. Maar dat was dus nog in de tijd toen zij nog klantenservice boden… Echt omgekeerde evolutie dit :-/

I had a similar question - the interrail reservation tool shows sleepers, couchettes etc. available for that train most days in August, but when I click through to book I get as far as ‘review your booking’ then it says it’s not available after all. Is the only way to buy to go to the station at Budapest? Any idea of the likelihood of there still being space on the day we want to travel (which will be 3-4 days after arriving in Budapest)?