Solved

Zürich HB to Ljubljana on 15 July 2022 reservation

• 1 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a eurail global pass

Could anyone kindly advise me is there another way to book this train (Zürich HB to LESCE Bled or Ljubljana on 15 July 2022) without making international calls? 

I live in Hong Kong and it can be quite expensive to call a number in Switzerland 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 1 June 2023, 10:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Night trains are very popular and have limited capacity so most summer dates are sold out.

There are only seats available on 15th July between Zurich and Lesce Bled/Ljubljana : 2 x 13.20€ through tickets.oebb.at. Add Eurail as a discount and select one-way tickets

Alternatives : 

- daytime train

- Nightjet to Graz : seats or couchettes in a lady compartment only

- 2 night trains to Vienna (through tickets.oebb.at) : seats, couchettes and sleepers available. Then train to Villach (departure 08:18) and Lesce Bled/Ljubljana -> second pass day needed (or you buy regular tickets)

In any case book night trains ASAP

Thank you so much!

I booked the train for 2 x 13.20€ through tickets.oebb.

Am I correct to say that I can get on the train with the PDF ticket and my Eurail App to show my Eurail pass ? No need to add a ticket manually into my Eurail App?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations are indeed completely separate. You need to add any train you'd like to take to the app : whether it requires seat reservations or not. This gives you a QR-code (your ticket).

For night trains it can be a good idea to print seat reservations because the attendant might want to keep it.

Enjoy your trip ! :)